SSC JE Syllabus 2022 Download PDF here. Candidates can check SSC JE Syllabus 2022 Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Syllabus, etc.
Candidates who started preparing for the SSC JE Syllabus 2022 Exam can gather the study material for the SSC JE Syllabus 2022 Examination, can use the details provided here. Through this post, the aspirants can find the SSC JE Syllabus 2022 Syllabus PDF as well as the Exam Pattern.
Candidates can secure maximum marks by knowing the Exam Pattern and Syllabus before the SSC JE Exam.
In this post, we provide you latest SSC JE Syllabus 2022 Syllabus along with the Exam Pattern is available in this post.
SSC JE Syllabus 2022 recruitment process is in two stages: –
(1) Tier 1
(2) Tier 2
With the help of the syllabus and exam pattern candidates prepared well for the exam. Candidates can cover all the topics and there is no chance to miss any topic by the use of the syllabus.
This will ensure good marks for the candidates. So, Download the SSC JE Syllabus 2022 Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
SSC JE EXAM SYLLABUS – DETAILS
|Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Post Name||Junior Engineer|
SSC JE SYLLABUS – SELECTION PROCESS
Candidates should be selected in two rounds to attain the job in SSC JE Exam.
Firstly candidates should be given the Tier-1 test in which they have to be qualified with minimum cut-off marks when candidates then Tier-2. SSC JE Examination will consist of two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. The Paper-I will be conducted online (Computer Based Examination). Paper-II Exam is a Descriptive Type Paper that is held offline (Written Examination).
Everyone has to compulsorily participate in every round and should get a good score to be promoted to the next round.
(1) Tier 1
(2) Tier 2
SSC JE – SALARY
|Basic/Hand||Salary in INR|
|Basic Pay for SSC Junior Engineers||INR 35,400 – INR 1,12,400|
|SSC Junior Engineer Salary in hand||44,000 (Inclusive of all benefits)|
|Pay Level of Posts||Pay Level-6|
|Basic pay||Rs 35,400|
|HRA (as per the city) |
Z cities (8%)
|DA (Current- 17%)||6,018|
|Travel Allowance||Cities- 3600, Other Places- 1800|
|Gross Salary Range (Approx) X CitiesY CitiesZ Cities||Rs.53,514Rs.50,682Rs.46,050|
BENEFITS AND ALLOWANCES
- HRA i.e House Rent Allowance: HRA varies as per the town you’re living in. it’s generally higher in X & Y cities than Z cities. The rate of HRA won’t be but Rs. 5400, Rs. 3600 and Rs. 1800 at X, Y, and Z class cities. The admissibility of House Rent Allowance (HRA) shall be as under:-X cities: 24%, Y cities: 16%, Z cities: 8%.
- Dearness Allowance- DA is currently 17% of basic pay under the 7th Pay Commission. When Dearness Allowance (DA) crosses 25%, the rates of HRA are going to be changed to 27%, 18% & 9% for X, Y & Z class cities respectively and further revised to 30%, 20%, and 10% when DA crosses 50%.
- Medical Allowance- To make sure that railway employees can provide for their day-to-day medical expenses, the railway provides a fixed medical allowance for them. The government will bear the medical costs for them just in case of a medical emergency also.
- Travel allowance- It depends upon the space you travel daily from home to figure. Your allowance will increase if you’re required to try to do more fieldwork.
- Other Special Allowances: Other allowances in JE through SSC are additionally eligible for other special allowances like recreational activities, leaves, etc.
SSC JE EXAM – EXAM PATTERN
SSC JE Comprises two Tiers. Exam Pattern of SSC JE is explained below:
|Tiers||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier 1||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier 2||Descriptive Test||Pen and Paper Mode|
SSC JE Tier-I Exam Pattern
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|Part A- General Engineering (civil & structural) or|
Part B- General Engineering (electrical) or
Part C- General Engineering (mechanical) or
|Duration & Timings – 2 Hours|
Note: There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.
SSC JE Tier-II Exam Pattern
|General Engineering(Civil & Structural)|
|Part B- General Engineering (Electrical)|
|Part C- General Engineering (Mechanical)|
|Duration & Timings – 2 Hours||300|
SSC JE SYLLABUS – DOWNLOAD PDF
SSC JE Tier-I Exam Syllabus
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Paper Folding Method
- Word Formation
- Venn Diagram
- Direction and Distance
- Blood Relations
- Verbal reasoning
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Seating Arrangement
- Static General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Books and Authors
- Important Schemes
- People in the News
- Awards and Honors
Civil Engineering & Structural Engineering
- Building Materials
- Soil Mechanics
- Costing and Valuation
- Concrete Technology
- Irrigation Engineering
- Steel Design
- Theory of Structures
- RCC Design
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Basic concepts
- Circuit law
- AC Fundamentals
- Magnetic Circuit
- Electrical Machines
- Utilization and Electrical Energy
- Transmission and Distribution
- Estimation and Costing
- Basic Electronics
- Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors
- Measurement and Measuring instruments
- Synchronous Machines
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design
- IC Engines Combustion
- Air standard Cycles for IC Engines
- IC Engine Performance
- 1st Law of Thermodynamics
- 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
- IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication
- Rankine cycle of System
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Basic Principles & Classification of steel
- Hydraulic Turbines
- Dynamics of Ideal fluids
- Fluid kinematics
- Measurement of Fluid Pressure
- Properties & Classification of Fluids
- Air Compressors & their cycles
- Refrigeration cycles
- Measurement of Flow rate
- Fluid Statics
- Nozzles & Steam Turbines
- Principle of Refrigeration Plant
- Fitting & Accessories
SSC JE Tier-I Exam Syllabus
- i) Physical and chemical properties
- ii) Classification, Standard Tests, Uses and Manufacture/Quarrying of Materials
Estimating, Costing and Valuation
- i) Estimate, glossary of technical terms, analysis of rates, methods and unit of measurement, Items of work – earthwork, Brick work (Modular & Traditional bricks), RCC work, Shuttering, Timber work, Painting, Flooring, and Plastering.
- ii) Boundary wall, Brick building, Water Tank, Septic tank, Bar bending schedule, Centre line method, Mid-section formula, Trapezoidal formula, Simpson’s rule.
- iii) Cost estimate of Septic tank, flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles and pile-caps.
- iv) Valuation – Value and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation and obsolescence, methods of Valuation.
- i) Principles of surveying, measurement of distance, chain surveying.
- ii) Working of the prismatic compass, compass traversing, bearings, local attraction, plane table surveying.
- iii) Theodolite traversing, adjustment of theodolite, Leveling, Definition of terms used in levelling, contouring, curvature and refraction corrections.
- iv) Temporary and permanent adjustments of dumpy level, methods of contouring.
- v) Uses of contour map, tachometric survey, curve setting
- vi) Earthwork calculation, advanced surveying equipment.
- i) Origin of soil, phase diagram, Definitions-void ratio, porosity, degree of saturation, water content, specific gravity of soil grains, unit weights, density index and interrelationship of different parameters, Grain size distribution curves and their uses.
- ii) Index properties of soils, Atterberg’s limits, ISI soil classification and plasticity chart.
- iii) Permeability of soil, coefficient of permeability, determination of coefficient of permeability, Unconfined and confined aquifers, effective stress, quicksand, consolidation of soils, Principles of consolidation, degree of consolidation, pre-consolidation pressure, normally consolidated soil, e-log p curve, computation of ultimate settlement.
- iv) Shear strength of soils, direct shear test, Vane shear test, Triaxial test.
- v) Soil compaction, Laboratory compaction test, Maximum dry density and optimum moisture content, earth pressure theories, active and passive earth pressures, Bearing capacity of soils, plate load test, standard penetration test.
- i) Fluid properties and hydrostatics, measurements of flow.
- ii) Bernoulli’s theorem and its application.
- iii) Flow through pipes.
- iv) Flow in open channels, weirs, flumes, spillways, pumps and turbines.
- i) Definition, necessity, benefits, 2II effects of irrigation, types and methods of irrigation.
- ii) Hydrology – Measurement of rainfall, runoff coefficient, rain gauge.
- iii) Losses from precipitation – evaporation, infiltration, etc. Water requirement of crops, duty, delta and base period, Kharif and Rabi Crops, Command area, Time factor, Crop ratio, Overlap allowance, Irrigation efficiencies.
- iv) Different type of canals, types of canal irrigation, loss of water in canals. Canal lining – types and advantages. Shallow and deep to wells, yield from a well.
- v) Weir and barrage, Failure of weirs and permeable foundation, Slit and Scour, Kennedy’s theory of critical velocity.
- vi) Lacey’s theory of uniform flow.
- vii) Definition of flood, causes and effects, methods of flood control, water logging, preventive measure.
- i) Highway Engineering – cross-sectional elements, geometric design, types of pavements, pavement materials
- ii) Components of permanent way -Sleepers, ballast, fixtures and fastening, track geometry, points and crossings, track junction, stations and yards.
- iii) Aggregates and bitumen, different tests, Design of flexible and rigid pavements.
- iv) Water Bound Macadam (WBM) and Wet Mix Macadam (WMM), Gravel Road, Bituminous construction, Rigid pavement joint, pavement maintenance, Highway drainage, Railway Engineering
- i) Quality of water, source of water supply, purification of water, distribution of water, need of sanitation, sewerage systems, circular sewer, oval sewer, sewer appurtenances, sewage treatments.
- ii) Surface water drainage.
- iii) Solid waste management – types, effects, engineered management system.
- iv) Air pollution – pollutants, causes, effects, control.
Noise pollution – cause, health effects, control.
Theory of Structures
- i) Elasticity constants, types of beams – determinate and indeterminate, bending moment and shear force diagrams of simply supported, cantilever and overhanging beams.
- ii) Moment of area and moment of inertia for rectangular & circular sections, bending moment and shear stress for tee, channel and compound sections.
- iii) Chimneys, dams and retaining walls, eccentric loads, slope deflection of simply supported and cantilever beams, critical load and columns, Torsion of circular section.
- i) Properties, Advantages and uses of concrete, cement aggregates, the importance of water quality, water-cement ratio
- ii) Workability, mix design, storage, batching, mixing, placement, compaction, finishing and curing of concrete.
- iii) Quality control of concrete, hot weather and cold weather concreting, repair and maintenance of concrete structures.
- i) RCC beams-flexural strength, shear strength, bond strength, design of singly reinforced and double reinforced beams, cantilever beams.
- ii) T-beams, lintels.
- iii) One-way and two-way slabs, isolated footings. Reinforced brick works, columns, staircases, retaining wall, water tanks (RCC design questions may be based on both Limit State and Working Stress methods).
- i) Steel design and construction of steel columns
- ii) Beams roof trusses plate girders.
- i) Concepts of resistance, inductance, capacitance, and various factors affecting them.
- ii) Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units.
- iii) Circuit law – Kirchhoff‟s law, Simple Circuit solution using network theorems.
- iv) Magnetic Circuit – Concepts of flux, mmf, reluctance, Different kinds of magnetic materials, Magnetic calculations for conductors of different configuration e.g. straight, circular, solenoidal, etc.
- v) Electromagnetic induction, self and mutual induction.
- i) Instantaneous, peak, R.M.S. and average values of alternating waves.
- ii) Representation of sinusoidal waveform, simple series and parallel AC Circuits consisting of R.L. and C, Resonance, Tank Circuit.
- iii) Poly Phase system – star and delta connection, 3 phase power, DC and sinusoidal response of R-Land R-C circuit.
Measurement and Measuring Instruments
- i) Measurement of power (1 phase and 3 phase, both active and re-active) and energy, 2 wattmeter method of 3 phase power measurement.
- ii) Measurement of frequency and phase angle.
- iii) Ammeter and voltmeter (both moving oil and moving iron type), extension of range wattmeter, Multimeters, Megger, Energy meter AC Bridges.
- iv) Use of CRO, Signal Generator, CT, PT and their uses.
- v) Earth Fault detection.
- i) D.C. Machine – Construction, Basic Principles of D.C. motors and generators, their characteristics, speed control and starting of D.C. Motors. Method of braking motor, Losses and efficiency of D.C. Machines.
- ii) 1 phase and 3 phase transformers – Construction, Principles of operation, equivalent circuit, voltage regulation, O.C. and S.C. Tests, Losses and efficiency.
- iii) Effect of voltage, frequency and waveform on losses. Parallel operation of 1 phase /3 phase transformers.
- iv) 3 phase induction motors, rotating magnetic field, the principle of operation, equivalent circuit, torque-speed characteristics, and starting and speed control of 3 phase induction motors.
- v) Methods of braking, effect of voltage and frequency variation on torque speed characteristics.
Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors
- i) Characteristics and applications.
- ii) Synchronous Machines – Generation of 3-phase e.m.f. armature reaction, voltage regulation, parallel operation of two alternators, synchronizing, control of active and reactive power.
- iii) Starting and applications of synchronous motors.
Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- i) Power factor improvement, various types of tariffs, types of faults, short circuit current for symmetrical faults.
- ii) Switchgears – rating of circuit breakers, Principles of arc extinction by oil and air, H.R.C. Fuses, Protection against earth leakage / over current, etc. Buchholtz relay, Merz-Price system of protection of generators & transformers, protection of feeders and bus bars.
- iii) Lightning arresters, various transmission and distribution system, comparison of conductor materials, the efficiency of different system.
- iv) Cable – Different type of cables, cable rating and derating factor.
- v) Different types of power stations, Load factor, diversity factor, demand factor, cost of generation, inter-connection of power stations.
Estimation and Costing
- i) Estimation of lighting scheme, electric installation of machines and relevant IE rules.
- ii) Earthing practices and IE Rules.
Utilization of Electrical Energy
- i) Illumination
- ii) Electric heating
- iii) Electric welding
- iv) Electroplating
- v) Electric drives and motors.
- i) Working of various electronic devices e.g. P N Junction diodes, Transistors (NPN and PNP type) BJT and JFET.
- ii) Simple circuits using these devices.
Theory Of Machines and Machine Designs
- i) Concept of a simple machine, Four bar linkage and link motion, Flywheels and fluctuation of energy
- ii) Power transmission by belts – V-belts and Flat belts, Clutches – Plate and Conical clutch, Gears –Type of gears etc.
Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- i) Equilibrium of Forces, Law of motion, Friction, Concepts of stress and strain, Elastic limit.
- ii) Elastic constants, Bending moments and shear force diagram, Stress in composite bars etc.
- i) Properties of Pure Substance1st & 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
- ii) Air standard Cycles for IC Engines.
- iii) Rakine Cycle of steam Boilers
Fluid Mechanics Machinery
- i) Properties & Classification of fluid
- ii) Fluid Statics
- iii) Measurement of Fluid Pressure
- iv) Fluid Kinematics
- v) Dynamics of Ideal Fluids
- vi) Measurement Of Flow Rate Basic Principles
- vii) Hydraulic Turbines
- viii) Centrifugal Pumps
- ix) Classification Of Steels
SSC JE SYLLABUS – PDF LINK
|Click Here To Download SSC JE Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern (Electrical Engineer)|
|Click Here To Download SSC JE Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern (Civil Engineering)|
|Click Here Download SSC JE Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern (Mechanical Engineering)|
FAQ On SSC JE Syllabus
Note: The above-provided information is for reference purposes. Candidates go through the official site for more information.
We give you the direct link to download the PDF of the syllabus. So, candidates go through this page for Syllabus.
YOU CAN ALSO CHECK
|CHECK LATEST UPCOMING GOVT JOB NOW||Click here|
|CHECK PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS NOW||Click here|
|CHECK EXAM SYLLABUS NOW||Click here|
|CHECK JOB BY QUALIFICATION||10th Pass|