CGPSC Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern Download PDF here. Candidates can check CGPSC Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Syllabus etc.
Candidates who started preparing for the CGPSC (Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) Exam can gathering the study material for the CGPSC Examination , can use the details provided here.
So, that through this post, the aspirants can find the CGPSC Exam Syllabus PDF as well as the Exam Pattern.
Candidates can secure maximum marks by knowing the Exam Pattern and Syllabus before the CGPSC (Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) Exam.
CGPSC Selection Process consists of a competitive examination with one paper of 300 marks.
In this post we have provided CGPSC Exam Syllabus & CGPSC Exam Pattern 2020 for both prelims and mains exams in PDF format free of cost. Direct link to download PDF is available at the end of this page.
CGPSC recruitment process are in two stages: –
- Written Test
With the help of syllabus and exam pattern candidates prepared well for the exam. Candidates can cover all the topics and there is no chance to miss any topic by the use of syllabus.
This will ensure good marks for the candidates. So, Download the CGPSC Exam Syllabus and IBPS CGPSC Exam Pattern.
CGPSC State Service Exam Syllabus – DETAILS
|Organization Name||Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC)|
|Post Name||State Civil Services, State Police Service, |
Chhattisgarh State Finance Service, Food
Officer/ Asst Director, District Women and
Child Development Officer, Child Development
Project Officer, Chhattisgarh Subordinate Service,
Asst Superintend, Nayab Tehsildar, Exercise Sub
Inspector, Deputy Register, Commercial Tax Inspector,
Cooperative Inspector/ Cooperative Extension Officer,
Asst Jail Officer
|Selection Process||Written Test |
CGPSC State Service Exam – Selection Process
Candidates should be selected in three round to attain the job in CGPSC Exam.
Firstly candidates should be given the Online Examination (Prelims and Mains) in which they have to be qualified with minimum cut-off marks, when candidates qualified the this written exam then they call for interview round.
Everyone has to compulsorily participate in every round and should get a good score to be promoted to the next round.
- Online/Offline Written Examination (Prelims)
- Online/Offline Written Examination (Mains)
CGPSC State Service Exam – Exam Pattern
In this table we provide you the complete details of CGPSC Exam Pattern so that the candidates understand these pattern and do paper easily and got good marks.
This CGPSC State Service Exam Pattern 2020 helps you to know the subjects, the number of marks per each subject, and also time duration.
For Prelims Exams
In the Preliminary Examination, both the question papers will have objective type multiple-choice questions and there will be two compulsory papers of 2 hours duration each.
- There will be a negative marking of the 1/3rd mark of every wrong answer attempted.
- In each question paper, the Minimum Qualifying Marks for the unreserved category will be 33% and 23% for reserved categories and disabled candidates.
- Marks obtained in GS Paper-2 will not be counted as its of qualifying nature only.
- The candidates will be mentioned qualified for Mains on the basis of merit list of GS Paper-1 only.
|Paper||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|GS Paper-1 (General Studies)||100||200||2 hours|
|GS Paper-2 (Aptitude Test)||100||200||2 hours|
For Mains Exam
- Question Papers for Mains Examination will be of descriptive nature i.e. short/medium/long answer type.
- Language paper will be answered in English or Hindi as chosen by the candidates during the registration process.
- Appearing in all 7 exams is mandatory else will be disqualified.
- All exams are of qualifying nature and only candidates qualifying in 7 subjects will be appearing for the interview round.
- Candidate has to write four essays from the options given (Two from each section)
|1||Paper-1 (Language Test)||200||3 hours|
|2||Paper-2 (Essay Writing)||200||3 hours|
|3||Paper-3 (General Studies-I)||200||3 hours|
|4||Paper-4 (General Studies-II)||200||3 hours|
|5||Paper-5 (General Studies-III)||200||3 hours|
|6||Paper-6 (General Studies-IV)||200||3 hours|
|7||Paper-7 (General Studies-V)||200||3 hours|
CGPSC Interview/Personality Test
- The candidates who qualify the section-wise minimum marks for Mains Exam will be called for the interview round.
- The interview round will be the final round for the CGPSC State Service Recruitment.
- The total marks for interview round are 150 marks.
- The interview will be face to face interaction with the representatives selected by CGPSC for this role.
- The final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of total marks scored in Mains and Interview round that is from total 1550 Marks.
CGPSC State Service Exam Syllabus – Download PDF
For Prelims Examination
Paper – I
CGPSC General Studies Syllabus
The General Studies paper comprises of 100 questions for 200 marks. The time duration is 2 hours. The Prelims question papers will be set in English and Hindi.
The Paper is divided into two parts. There will 50 questions from each part carrying 2 marks for each question.
And, 1/3rd marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. Check the following Syllabus for General Studies
Part A: General Studies
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India
- Constitution of India & Polity
- Indian Economy
- General Science & Technology
- Indian Philosophy, Art, Literature & Culture
- Current Affairs & Sports
Part B: General Knowledge of Chhattisgarh
- History of Chhattisgarh, & Contribution of Chhattisgarh in the Freedom Movement
- Geography, Climate, Physical status, Census, Archeological and Tourist Centers of Chhattisgarh
- Literature, Music, Dance, Art and Culture, Idioms and Proverbs, Puzzle/riddle, Singing of Chhattisgarh
- Tribes, Special Traditions, Teej and Festivals of Chhattisgarh
- Economy, Forest and Agriculture of Chhattisgarh
- Administrative Structure, Local Government and Panchayati-raj of Chhattisgarh
- Industry in Chhattisgarh, Energy, Water and Mineral Resource of Chhattisgarh
- Current Affairs of Chhattisgarh
Paper – II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level),
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. -Class X level).
- Knowledge of Hindi Language (Class X level).
- Knowledge of Chhattisgarhi Language.
For Mains Examination
Paper – 1 (Language Test)
Part A: Hindi Language
- Hindi Comprehension,
- Precis writing
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- One word for several words
- Word Correction
- Sentence Correction
- Same usage and same nature words
- Sentence and Correction in framing
- Hindi Compound Sentences
- Prefix and suffix
- Idioms and Phrases
- Letter Writing
Part B: General English
- Precis Writing
- Re-arrangement and Correction of Sentences
- Filling the Blanks
- Correction of Spellings
- Vocabulary and usage
- Idioms and Phrases
- Active Voice and Passive voice
- Parts of Speech
Part C: Chhattisgarh Language
- Knowledge of Chhattisgarh language
- History of Chhattisgarh language
- Sentence structure
Paper – 2 (Essay)
Part-1: International And National Leval Issues
Part-2: Chhattisgarh State Level Issues
Paper – 3 (General Studies-I)
Part-1: History of India: – Pre-historic Age, Indus Civilization, Empires, Marathas, East India Company, Gandhian Movement, Indian National Army, Independence and Partition of India, Merger of States.
Part-2: Constitution & Public Administration: – Constitutional Development of India, Preamble, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Legislative and Judiciary, Public Interest Litigation, Development Administration, Organization Principles, Financial Judicial and Executive, Right to Information.
Part-3: History of Chhattisgarh: – History of Chhattisgarh from Vedic to Gupta period, Former states and Zamindaris of Chhattisgarh, Freedom Movement in Chhattisgarh, Peasant and Tribal Movements and Formation of Chhattisgarh state.
Paper – 4 (General Studies-II)
Part-1: General Science : –
Chemistry: Rate of chemical reaction and equilibrium, Periodic Table, Mineral and Ore, Metallurgy, Alloys, Nonmetals, Organic compound, Polymers
Physics: Light – Nature, Reflection, Formation; Electric discharge in gases, Ohm’s Law, Thermal effect of current, Power and Electrical energy
Biology: Photosynthesis, Respiration, Nervous System, Digestive System, Reproduction and Growth, Heredity and Evolution, DNA
Part-2: Aptitude Test, Logical Reasoning, Mental Ability : – Ration and Proportion, Commercial Mathematics, Square and Cube Roots, Data Interpretation, Profit and Loss, Percentages, Time, Speed & Distance, Coding and Decoding, Odd pair, Probability, Logical Analysis, Figure Series
Part-3: Applied & Behavioural Science : – Information Technology, Energy Resources, Agricultural Science, Biodiversity related to Global, National and Local, Environmental Pollution, Solid Waste Management, Pollution Control, Conservation of Biodiversity.
Paper – 5 (General Studies-III)
Part-1: Economics of India & Chhattisgarh : – National and per capita Income, Economic Reforms, Monetary Policy, Literacy and Occupational Structure, Rural Development, Budgetary Policy, Structure and Growth of Cooperatives, Child Labour and Women Empowerment.
Part-2: Geography of India : – Physical features of India, Geological Structure, Drainage System, Human Characteristics, Birth rate, Morality rate, Agriculture, Green revolution, Blue revolution, Energy and Conservation, Industries in India
Part-3: Geography of Chhattisgarh : – Physical features – location and extension of Chhattisgarh, Mineral Resources, Agriculture, Energy resources, Industries, Tourism in Chhattisgarh
Paper – 6 (General Studies-IV)
Part-1: Philosophy : – Nature of Philosophy, Philosophy of Gita, Charvaka, Jain, Buddha, Samkhya, Yoga, Nyaya, Aristotle, Vaisheshika, Locke, Pragmatism, Leibnitz, Ethical Elements in Administration, and more
Part-2: Sociology : – Sociology – Meaning and Scope, Social Organization, Social Stratification, Social Disorganization, Social Research and Techniques, Social Control and Change, Tools and Techniques of Data Collection
Part-3: Social Aspect of Chhattisgarh : – Tribal social organization, Constitutional System, Primitive and other tribes of Chhattisgarh, Folk Arts, Literacy and Music, Folk Cultures, Protected Archaeological Monuments, National Parks, Sanctuaries and Waterfalls of Chhattisgarh
Paper 7 – (General Studies-V)
Part-1: Welfare, Development Programme & Laws : – Indian Society, Social Legislation, Human Rights Protection 1993, Indian Constitution and Criminal Law (Penal Code), Right to Information Act, Environment Protection Act, Information Technology Act, Information Technology Act, Corruption Prevention Act, Developmental Impact on residents of Chhatisgarh, Customary Welfare
Part-2: International & National Sports, Events & Organisation : – United Nations, International Monetary Fund, World Bank and Asian Bank, SAARC and BRICS, World Trade Organization and its impact on India, National and International Sports
Part-3: International & National Educational Institute & their Role of Human Development : – Availability of Skilled Human Resource, Employability and Productivity of Human Resources, Institutions and Councils in Human Resources Development, Higher Education and Technical Education, Vocational Education
CGPSC State Service Exam Syllabus – PDF Link
|To Download CGPSC State Service Prelims, Mains Exam Pattern PDF||Click Here|
|Download CGPSC State Service Prelims Exam Syllabus 2020 PDF||Click Here|
|To Download CGPSC State Service Mains Exam Syllabus 2020 PDF||Click Here|
Note: The above-provided information is for reference purposes. Candidates go through the official site for more information.
We give you the direct link to download the PDF of syllabus. So, candidates go through this page for Syllabus.