BPSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern Download PDF here. Candidates can check BPSC Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Syllabus, etc.
If you have applied for the BPSC Combined Competitive Exam, Then you must go through this post and get the BPSC Exam Syllabus details. Candidates can also get complete information on the BPSC Exam Pattern from the below sections.
Candidates who started preparing for the BPSC Exam can gather the study material for the BPSC Examination, can use the details provided here.
So, that through this post, the aspirants can find the BPSC Exam Syllabus PDF as well as the Exam Pattern. Candidates can secure maximum marks by knowing the Exam Pattern and Syllabus before the BPSC Exam.
BPSC Selection Process consists of a competitive examination with one paper of 300 marks.
In this post, we have provided BPSC Syllabus & Exam Pattern for both prelims and mains exams in PDF format free of cost. so that there is a direct link to download PDF is available at the end of this page.
BPSC CCE recruitment process is in three stages: –
- Personal Interview
In short with the help of the syllabus and exam pattern candidates prepared well for the exam. So that Candidates can cover all the topics and there is no chance to miss any topic by the use of the syllabus.
This will ensure good marks for the candidates. So, Download the BPSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
BPSC Syllabus – Highlights
|Organization Name||Bihar Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||Combined Competitive Exam|
|Selection Process||Prelims Examination|
BPSC – Selection Process
Candidates should be selected in three-round to attain the job in BPSC Exam
Firstly candidates should be given the Prelims Exam. Secondly, after passing it they have to given Mains exam in which they have to be qualified with minimum cut-off marks.
And finally, when candidates are qualified for this written exam then they call for an interview round.
So that everyone has to compulsorily participate in every round and should get a good score to be promoted to the next round.
- Prelims Examination
- Mains Examination
BPSC Syllabus – Exam Pattern
BPSC also conducts the Combined Competitive BPSC Exam in three stages. So candidates can check the stages below.
- Prelims: One objective type paper for 150 marks.
- Mains: Four descriptive papers
- Interview: 120 marks
Prelims Examination (Objective)
|Name of Exam||Combined Competitive Exam|
|Conducting Body||Bihar Public Service Commission ( BPSC )|
|No of Papers||1 – General Studies (150 marks)|
|General Hindi (Qualifying)||100||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper 1||300||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper 2||300||3 Hours|
|Optional Paper||300||3 Hours|
BPSC – Marking Scheme
Prelims Examination (Objective)
- Marks of BPSC Prelims Paper be considered for qualifying candidates for the mains exam.
- There will be no negative marking in the BPSC exam.
- BPSC Prelims is screening in nature.
- All the questions are set in English and Hindi except for those questions which are meant to test the candidate’s knowledge of English.
Mains Examination (Subjective)
- Questions of General Studies are available in Hindi and English both.
- The score will be arrived at by considering the total of 900 marks in GS Paper 1, GS Paper 2, and Optional Paper.
- The candidates who are placed suitably in the merit are called for the interview.
- There is no negative marking in the descriptive question papers.
- Candidates need to attempt all the papers to qualify for the Interview round.
- This round is both scoring and qualifying in nature.
BPSC Syllabus – Download PDF
For Prelims Examination (Objective)
- General Science
- Events of national and international importance
- History of Bihar and Indian History
- Geography(mainly Geography of Bihar)
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Changes in the economy of Bihar post-independence
- Indian National Movement and the Role of Bihar
- General Mental Ability
For Mains Examination (Subjective)
The General Hindi paper is of 100 marks and subjective in nature, and the marks distribution is given below:-
- Essay: 30 Marks
- Grammar: 30 Marks
- Syntax: 25 Marks
- Summarisation: 15 Marks
Candidates should have secured the qualifying marks in the exam.
General Studies – 1
(1) Indian Culture
(2) Modern History of India: – History of the country with special reference to Bihar in the middle of the nineteenth century, the introduction and expansion of western and technical education, Bihar’s role in the Indian freedom struggle, the Santhal Uprising in Bihar, Birsa movement, Champaran Satyagrah, the Quit India Movement, chief features of Mauryan and Pal art, Patna Qulam painting, Roles of Gandhi, Tagore, and Nehru
(3) Current events of national and international importance
(4) Statistical Analysis, diagrams, and graphs:- Questions to test the ability to draw conclusions from statistical, graphical or diagrammatical information and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies.
(5) Role of Bihar in the Indian National Movement
- Santhal uprising
- 1857 war of independence
- Champaran Satyagraha
- Quit India Movement 1942
(6) Mauryan and Pala Art/Pala Sena Art
(7) Patna Kalam Paintings
General Studies – 2
(1) Indian Polity:- Questions based on the political system in India including Bihar.
(2) Indian economy and Geography of India:- Questions on planning in India and the physical, economic and social geography of India and Bihar.
(3) The role and impact of science and technology in the development of India:- Questions to test awareness of the role and impact of science and technology in India and Bihar with special reference to applied science.
In the Optional Paper candidate must have chosen any one subject from the option of 34 Optional Subject. This paper will be of 300 marks and it will have a time limit of 3 hours.
So the syllabus of the Optional Paper will be the same as that of the Three- Year Honours Paper of the respective subject of Patna University. Finally, Here is the list of the Optional Subjects:-
- English Language and Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Persian Language and Literature
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Pali Language and Literature
- Maithili Language and Literature
- Bangla Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- Labour and Social Welfare
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
BPSC Syllabus – PDF Link
Note: The above-provided information is for reference purposes. Candidates go through the official site for more information.
So in this article, we give you the direct link to download the PDF of the syllabus. So, candidates go through this page for Syllabus.
In short, we tried to provide you with all the information regarding this BPSC Syllabus and exam pattern, so that candidates perform well.
So always with govtjoblelo for latest updates of all information, and finally if anyone has any doubt do comment in the comment box.